What is Work Based Learning?
Work-based Learning - a focus on Innovation
Work-based Learning - a focus on Intrapreneurship
Pioneering Pedagogies for Work-Based Learning to Promote Age Friendly Innovation
Case Studies – Innovation, Intrapreneurship and Work Based Learning in Practice
- An Tain Arts Centre Ireland – Silver Screen Initiative
- Malone Dance Academy, Ireland – Silver Swans Ballet
- NetwellCASALA, Ireland
- Ignite IT, Lisburn, Northern Ireland www.ignite.it
- Ethel Care, Lisburn, Nothern Ireland www.ethelcare.co.uk
- University of Jaén, Spain www.ujaen.es
- FAECTA, Spain www.faecta.coop
- LiCalab, Belgium www.licalab.be/en
- Project Memo, Poland
- poMOST, Poland
- Leitrim Physiotherapy, Ireland
- Project ACORN, Ireland
Work-based learning needs to incorporate Innovation Leadership as an important part in how innovation occurs in an SME. Innovation leadership will trickle down from those in charge to other employees. Motivation is also important because of its impact on how some employees work. For instance a manager who constantly yells at employees, work might be more stressful, employees may be less motivated, innovation will be low, and productivity will most likely go down.
Leadership is not only a top management skillset; it also comes from lower-level managers and all team members. An effective leader can work with different people and mentor them so that they can achieve their goals. A leader should foster a team environment where individuals have the ability to network and create and execute development ideas together.