What is Work Based Learning?
Work-based Learning - a focus on Innovation
Work-based Learning - a focus on Intrapreneurship
Pioneering Pedagogies for Work-Based Learning to Promote Age Friendly Innovation
Case Studies – Innovation, Intrapreneurship and Work Based Learning in Practice
- An Tain Arts Centre Ireland – Silver Screen Initiative
- Malone Dance Academy, Ireland – Silver Swans Ballet
- NetwellCASALA, Ireland
- Ignite IT, Lisburn, Northern Ireland www.ignite.it
- Ethel Care, Lisburn, Nothern Ireland www.ethelcare.co.uk
- University of Jaén, Spain www.ujaen.es
- FAECTA, Spain www.faecta.coop
- LiCalab, Belgium www.licalab.be/en
- Project Memo, Poland
- poMOST, Poland
- Leitrim Physiotherapy, Ireland
- Project ACORN, Ireland
Big-data inquiry: thinking with data
New forms of data, data visualisation and human interaction with data are changing radically and rapidly. Innovative businesses need to become active data explorers who can plan for, acquire, manage, analyse, and infer from data. Mined correctly with the help of analysis tools and visualisations, data can be used to answer puzzling questions. Understanding big data and its powers and limitations is important to active citizenship and to the prosperity of democratic societies.
Example: Big-data inquiry for Age Friendly Economies: Expanding and increasingly wealthy ageing populations is a feature evident in all “advanced” economies as is their relative neglect in terms of products and services tailored to their needs. Big data could open up distinct product gaps.
To learn more about big data, check out section one of our Age Friendly Digital Skills and Marketing Course